home recent topics recent posts search faq  

Tales of Teana Forum 

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Out of Character Chatter » Founding a Nation - Post Event Speculation

For commenting on In Game matters, plot announcements or on going in character chatter threads
11/6/2017 5:51:39 AM

Marie Wessels
Marie Wessels
Administrator
Sooooo, in that grand old tradition:
Who gained the most honour?
Who lost the most honour?
Who was covered in glory?
Who was covered in shame?
What was your most epic IC moment?
What was your funniest IC moment?
What was the greatest OC moment?
What was the funniest OOC moment?
What effect do you think the nation of Sindor will have on the continent of Brasnir?
Anything else you'd like to comment on!

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
0 permalink
11/6/2017 11:07:07 AM

Gilthana
Gilthana
The Bravery of the Bard's Guild is without peer. Performing that opera in front of that audience is spectacular in ways I can't even describe.
Actually, I don't think anyone did really. Maybe the lizardfolk and their death arena? Who would have thought....
Hmmmm, Kanzi won the duelist tournament. Also, the cake decorating, sculptures and construction winners. Also, Monkey and the Favours. Also, Duquesne and the Bravo Trophies. In fact, there was glory to spare all around.
Those who weren't there maybe?
Oh dear. I don't think I can share that, but Gilthana was very close to tears during it.
So there I am, walking Isil around introducing her to Guild heads.
Spade: "Gilthana, I killed a necromancer!"
Me: ".... Uhm, Aronea, take over, I need to handle this."
Isil: "Am I going to regret this?"
Me: "No."
Isil: "Are you going to regret this?"
Me: "... No... (softer) I hope not anyway...."
The table that was a diplomatic incident looking for a place to happen. Queen Thyrra Byrne, Lord Egil Rydman, Duke Alvar Sarkland, Duchess Veronique Sarland nee D'Angelini and Tiria'Custos Isil Carnisar. All amiably chatting away...
What effect do you think the nation of Sindor will have on the continent of Brasnir?
Hard to say, but I think some long accepted things will be re-examine and might well fall in the observation. I also think the Elves themselves will change quite a bit by interacting with the other races.

Great event smile Thank you to all
edited by Gilthana on 11/6/2017

--
To ride the Wind is to know true Power. Only through Power can you affect Change.
+1 permalink
11/6/2017 12:30:37 PM

Giovani
Giovani "Monkey" Lobatti
Young Daeril who isa coming along as a Athletics Champion and Vassel
Naming Names isa gonna get Monkey into Trouble he no want
It woulda seem that there wasa lot of glory to be spread around for the Bravos.
The young man who thought he could fool Erico into walking away with the attruci share of business
Managing to cut an arrow ina half when ita comes for my face, that less than living archer was not impressed
Watching Leanders face when he saw me struggaling to beat DragonSlayer in a game of chess
the Fear that i actually felt for Monkey when we met the Spiders of ultimate doom
Realizing that the Lady Monkey was meant to help was just as horrid as the stories of her husband
Monkey only has one thing to Say for this 'We live in intersting Times'
+1 permalink
11/6/2017 1:34:07 PM

Daeril Taggart
Daeril Taggart

I'll give this one too the Bards Guild for that opera, I may not have witnessed it first hand but the story definitely got around very quickly...

Gotta agree with the above, those damn Lizardfolk and their death arena... not so much for it being a death arena, but because they didn't tell anyone it was a death arena till we were already in it...

I would really like to say Daeril, all things considered he scored first in a game he had never played before and proceeded to keep the team on par with the elves in their own version of Jugger, Dueled Leandar Carnisar... knew he would lose miserably, but did it anyway and after a one hit K.O. got told for one so young he had a ton of potential, made it into the finals of the dualist tournament, and helped with something of which he may NEVER EVER speak about... I've heard through the grapevine he built a pretty good name for himself... Even if that name was Darrell. However considering I don't believe in nominating myself for things I'll second Kanzi for winning the duelist tournament or Dragonslayer Son for also Dueling Leandar.

Define epic... In terms of character goals, being gifted a fancy new sword. In terms of Rp I'd have to put it down to either dueling Leandar and landing a couple hits before being decimated in a single blow then being told Daeril had a lot of potential for someone so young. Or, in the final big fight watching Monkey cut an arrow out of the sky which rallied Daeril into a charge screaming the warcry, "LUBLE, LUBLE, LUBLE!"

Taking a little lay down after scoring Daeril's second Jugger goal.

Worst IC moment?

Fighting those damn death dealing spiders, turned Daeril into an arachnaphob...

FOOD, WONDERFUL FOOD!!!

Reading, "Who doesn't name a major NPC in their backstory?"

I actually have no idea but that's because I'm new and haven't seen the full extent of the political play within the game...

Anything else you'd like to comment on?

I had an amazing time, and even though it was my first it definitely won't be my last. I would also like to thank everyone that worked so hard behind the scenes, making things run as smoothly as possible and making sure we where all looked after. Finally to the other PC's, good game and well played I had a blast with all of you
edited by Daeril Taggart on 11/7/2017
0 permalink
11/6/2017 4:12:29 PM

Charlene (Charky) du Plessis
Charlene (Charky) du Plessis
Sooooo, in that grand old tradition:

Believe it or not, I say Eric. He went up against Moonfang and survived, didn't win but survived. He also tried to protect the confidentiality of a rose. All in all he seems... different... perhaps he is... growing up?

I will not mention any names as I am no snitch, but SOMEONE was given an ultimatum by Isil's husband, and (as if he hadn't lost enough honour by doing what he did to get him into that mess) he ignored her husband's advice and made a run for it.

Mathilda smile

The young (is it Erik?), for trying to steal all the loot on the newbie adventure and getting killed for it (Hella funny though!)

Playing capture the flag on Sunday. Phillip is an Elf NPC on our team with a bow, trying to help me he throws an arrow at my apponent, she deflects it with her shield, he catches it and is ready to fire instantly.

Also capture the flag. Sanguine on our team, Ambrosia on our team. She runs with ball to our goal post. Opposing team yells "stop her!"... Sanguine without a second thought goes *WACK* one hit KO on his own team member... "They yelled stop her so I did"

In monster hut waiting for instructions, I lie down on the floor (tiles are nice and cool). Everybody sitting on chairs around me. Get sent out for duty... return... there are suddenly six bodies sprawled across monster hut's floor. I'm a trend-setter :P B)

I can't explain the joke but phillip didn't just cause me to break character, he picked me up and flung me so far out of character that I sat down on the floor with tears in my eyes I laughed so hard.

I don't really do politics but I do smell trouble.

The question of who was the sneakiest git was left out this round but I'll tell you anyway :P Moonfang! She sat in the bushes listening to the very private conversation between Black Cloud and Isil's husband.

Also fun times with Mark Anthony as an elf NPC from opposing team with Capture the flag:
**** off Moonfang... *snarl*... charms her... fellow team mate removes charm... Moonfang runs at elf snarling... charmed... remove charm... charge.. charmed... good times! lol

Also thank you Kanzi! Your training has really helped me improve, I appreciate it a lot Big Grin
+1 permalink
11/6/2017 5:11:26 PM

Marie Wessels
Marie Wessels
Administrator
Oops, tapped teh wrong button. Meant to thumbs up.

David Bushell wrote:

I'll give this one too the Bards Guild for that opera, I may not have witnessed it first hand but the story definitely got around very quickly...

Gotta agree with the above, those damn Lizardfolk and their death arena... not so much for it being a death arena, but because they didn't tell anyone it was a death arena till we were already in it...

I would really like to say Daeril, all things considered he scored first in a game he had never played before and proceeded to keep the team on par with the elves in their own version of Jugger, Dueled Leandar Carnisar... knew he would lose miserably, but did it anyway and after a one hit K.O. got told for one so young he had a ton of potential, made it into the finals of the dualist tournament, and helped with something of which he may NEVER EVER speak about... I've heard through the grapevine he built a pretty good name for himself... Even if that name was Darrell. However considering I don't believe in nominating myself for things I'll second Kanzi for winning the duelist tournament or Dragonslayer Son for also Dueling Leandar.

Define epic... In terms of character goals, being gifted a fancy new sword. In terms of Rp I'd have to put it down to either dueling Leandar and landing a couple hits before being decimated in a single blow then being told Daeril had a lot of potential for someone so young. Or, in the final big fight watching Monkey cut an arrow out of the sky which rallied Daeril into a charge screaming the warcry, "LUBLE, LUBLE, LUBLE!"

Taking a little lay down after scoring Daeril's second Jugger goal.

Worst IC moment?

Fighting those damn death dealing spiders, turned Daeril into an arachnaphob...

FOOD, WONDERFUL FOOD!!!

Reading, "Who doesn't name a major NPC in their backstory?"

I actually have no idea but that's because I'm new and haven't seen the full extent of the political play within the game...

Anything else you'd like to comment on?

I had an amazing time, and even though it was my first it definitely won't be my last. I would also like to thank everyone that worked so hard behind the scenes, making things run as smoothly as possible and making sure we where all looked after. Finally to the other PC's, good game and well played I had a blast with all of you

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
0 permalink
11/7/2017 11:27:22 AM

Ansem Siegfried
Ansem Siegfried
Difficult to tell, I'm going to say the folks who attended this as their first event. It was a rough time for me but I never heard the newest amongst us complain.

The elf lady with the golems. What's her face. That one. Her plan might be masterminded by someone with real talent, there might be more to what happened, but she made a play and lost nearly immediately.

Anyone who went into a tunnel of horror and in the midst of that, chose to baby sit in the face of death.

Same as lost the most honor answer. An attempt at relying on might makes right is only interesting if you don't nearly immediately get crushed.

Standing up to an elf thing that was certainly stronger than me to demand that dwarven tradition be enforced regardless of personal beliefs, and then being educated on WHY things were the way they were and accepting it. I was being stubborn on purpose as that's my kind of dwarf rp, and the reasoning just brow beat me in to submission this time.

Having a chat with Ulrich in the tavern and having an elven duke go, "Excuse me, Anseem (he misprounounced my name on purpose), what did you say?" before trying hard to believe me while not accepting who was saying it. It didn't help that the only back up to my story was the Sins.

I think it was when I was playing the npc approaching Aeronea (Chris Keulder's character). I spent a fair bit of time making sure I wouldn't be slaughtered for entering town and then watching his face fall off a little when I revealed my purpose wasn't trade agreements but rather other things.

Hearing Stella tell Angela that there were just dwarves everywhere! EVERYWHERE! It might have been mildly annoying to her, but as someone worrying about representing my race in a hostile land, it was great to hear that while our number was low, our presence was intense.

Hmm. Difficult to tell. Ansem thinks the only option is to just wait and see because nothing acts predictably. I OOC believe that the nation will bring a level of stability to Arnhelm. With a nearby new power, we might see more unity within Arnhelm as the elves apply political pressure to eke out their own niche on this continent (that might be the continent). A little unity from external pressure would be great to dodging all the political plays we've seen internally. As a game, I'd prefer that. It stops storylines from being locked out by the Arnhelm falling apart thing we've semi seen happening slowly.

B. A. E.

B. A. E.

B. A. E.
+3 permalink
11/7/2017 5:34:48 PM

Isil Carnisar
Isil Carnisar
Me, of course. Also Aronaea for preventing certain... unpleasantness... sent by my brother. I was also impressed with Lord Rydman's plan to catch his killer's backer - very out of the box for a Human. Also, all the representatives from the other nations were very polite and friendly to me.

Lessien Begamon Cresalm and the rest of her family - a play for power is only respected if you succeed.

Me, of course. I'm considering a monument after a discussion I had with a Duke.

The various contest winners got some glory too, and Elaine then claimed a symbol of favour from Queen Thyra for her cake decorating victory to add to her Scavenger Hunt collection. Nicely done.

As above for honour. Also, I am keeping my eye on Alarion, Charl Stokes and Skaro... (OOC, I loved your opera, btw. It was awesomely done. IC, however, I'm still suspect of your intentions, dragging up my personal history.)

Then there was the conversations the Sins had with Lessien Ridarion Faelwen

Probably the discussion between Queen Thyra, Lord Rydman, Duke Sarkland and Duchess Sarkland. So much subtext and daggers under all the smiles, followed by toasting to love.

There was also a more private discussion with family members where I received some troubling news.

And, of course, there was the opera, with Leandar and I wondering aloud during it if we were being mocked, and both preparing appropriate reactions which we then put aside after the changed ending.

The deeply strained conversation between Ulrich and myself about "reparations", followed immediately by talking to the Dwarven ambassador Sauer-Schmidt. Again with the forced smiles and saying nice things to each other.

Spade bouncing up to a conversation I am part of and loudly (and cheerfully) declaring, "I killed a necromancer!" while a guy lies sprawled dead in a chair behind him.

Hvaing Ambrosia bounce up to me to introduce herself, and then ending up lecturing her about not neglecting her studies was also very funny.

I'm going to be laughing about the Faelwen family drama for a while Big Grin

Then there was also the matter of a group of Undead coming back to Adventure Hut to request a note to deliver to the Bravos they had encountered, who had tried to communicate with them, and then seeing they were not able to talk, sending them back to their master for a written note.

It remains to be seen. Depends a lot on whether the other nations are actually prepared to play ball - I'm being so reasonable, after all wink
edited by Isil Carnisar on 11/7/2017
+1 permalink
11/7/2017 6:05:38 PM

Marie Wessels
Marie Wessels
Administrator
B.A.E. = Be An Elf of course.

--
0 permalink
11/7/2017 6:06:07 PM

Erik Ackethkind
Erik Ackethkind
Surprisingly, Ulrich. Considering his setup, I was expecting considerably worse and left with some solid respect.
Isabella. For not incinerating me mostly.
And, frankly, the elves. Not once did any of them magic me, much to my shock.

The person who decided to follow up stabbing me in the back and impersonating a crewman with an attempt at poisoning an Alchemist.

Well, me. Besting an Elf and a Baldor in one-on-one combat weren't even my greatest achievements.
But as has been noted, it would seem that Bravos great and small achieved much.
The Dwarves. They did what they needed to do and did it well.

Let's just say, don't try to poison an Alchemist. He was covered in more than shame.

Lizardfolk. The only people to magic me the entire weekend did so with horrible magic death.

Baby sitting in a dungeon crawl, with the added bonus of keeping the elven children away from the scary Dwarves.

Getting to say "You know, Isabella, I don't know if it's the constant background panic or the ever-present knowledge that death could be around the corner, but I had a really relaxing weekend"

Forget-It-Well-ing both of the children so they never saw a thing
"I'm at a festival full of Elves, I won't need Sleep Gas!" Haha, I'm so funny... an hour later I was 11 down with 2 left.

Watching all the games in the shadows and having Erik being none-the-wiser.
Realising that Erik actually enjoyed it.

Playing a macabre dancer and getting killed by a joke.

Then having Yesh be present for all of my re-tellings of said joke.

Well, frankly, a whole nation of Elves can only spell trouble, but hopefully it'll get a few out of Arnhelm.

Who was the sneakiest git?
It must've been whoever stole that bottle from the tavern. Whoever that could have been.

That really felt like a great weekend the whole way through and I left on a serious high. Thanks to everyone who made it awesome.

Also, we had an amazing crop of first-timers. You guys went all in and it showed with some awesome stories.
edited by Erik Ackethkind on 11/7/2017
+1 permalink
11/7/2017 6:12:01 PM

Erik Ackethkind
Erik Ackethkind
Ansem Siegfried wrote:

Anyone who went into a tunnel of horror and in the midst of that, chose to baby sit in the face of death.

I think you're confusing glory with coping mechanisms
0 permalink
11/7/2017 6:24:17 PM

Daeril Taggart
Daeril Taggart
Marie Wessels wrote:
B.A.E. = Be An Elf of course.
lol, or something like that
0 permalink
11/10/2017 2:21:58 PM

Duquesne
Duquesne
Aronea managed to stick to his guns and prevent a potential disaster in his new home.
The dwarves that attended managed to hold themselves in great standing and made sure the elves had nothing on them while there, which certainly takes a good deal of control.

There are a few individuals who lost honour in Duquesne's eyes, some that were a lot closer to home that he'd have expected.

Kanzi managed to rack up yet another duelling championship. Pity he's a Sar or he'd be a guild master too by now.
A certain Gypsy who managed to blast themselves during a basic ritual certainly didn't have a great showing, but then at least he had a friend to look after him. Had.

Being ambushed by a level 350 character and managing to wail on them for the better part of two minutes before finally being noticed but not aided before I managed to whittle them down was nerve-wracking. Why do the scary high-level elves always take on Duquesne alone?
Bringing in 47 thrones worth of Bravo Trophies for the guild competition to blow all the other guilds out of the water was quite rewarding, if completely over the top.

Having to explain to a group of bravos that letting undead follow you around just cause they are not attacking you is not the way you bravo, especially in a land where one of the only two rules of said nation is "NO NECROMANCY!"
Related to that, trying to hunt down Beleran to give her her winnings for the duelist preliminaries only to find myself in the dodgiest bar this side of Casa Insulara. And they partook of the offerings... Just... No.
Being called aside by a powerful elven duke to explain what the Sins meant by "grand children"

What was the greatest OOC moment?
Playing a word twisting conniving elf giving toasts to their "most amazing phoenix" of a leader.

Witnessing Brad and Stuart slowly devolve into giggling teenage fan girls of Isil as fellow toasters.

They've already had quite the disruptive influence on the nearby region, their power and love of magic being a sore point for at least two nearby nations. Time will tell as tensions grow, change is among the winds and they flow both from and back into the new Elven nation.

Who was the sneakiest git?
For once the sneakiest ones were caught out, does that make me the sneakiest one? Or just the one most in peril now?

Something tells me that Duquesne is not going to be very popular in the near future among some of the bravo populous. Why do you all keep putting him in these positions?
edited by Duquesne on 11/10/2017

--
A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain something without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it one shall obtain a powerful and unmatched heart.
+1 permalink
11/10/2017 4:33:15 PM

Ansem Siegfried
Ansem Siegfried
Duquesne wrote:

Something tells me that Duquesne is not going to be very popular in the near future among some of the bravo populous. Why do you all keep putting him in these positions?
edited by Duquesne on 11/10/2017

No worries. I've been popular like that for years now. Still, we can carry on having our world ending chat once an event.
0 permalink
11/11/2017 4:14:10 PM

Stuart Rosenberg
Stuart Rosenberg
I suppose Isil for founding Sindor and not being to much like her brother

Lessien Begamon Cresalm
Duquesne for worrying more about the "threat" to Arnhelm from the mage underground, than the fact that there is a DRAGON under the Red Citadel!

Contest winners, the opera survivors

Apparently Arwen

Being a Sin with Sins is always EPIC!

Discussing us all stepping forward when asked who the father is

Playing an Isil toasting fan elf "girl"

PLaying undead scouts watching the Atrucci warband eyeing us wearily, then when no attack was forth coming, just going off in a different direction

Gonna go the way of the Elven Empire and the Land of the Dead

As always was a great event, loved NPCing, kudos to PLOT, mother monster and everyone else......oh and DAnte was fabulous.
+1 permalink

Home » Out of Character Chatter » Founding a Nation - Post Event Speculation